Network Simulation and Measurement Software

  • From: Wojtek Zlobicki
  • Date: Wed May 09 14:16:37 2001

I need to evaluate what is out there in regards to network simulation and modeling software.  I am especially interested in freeware that will run on Linux.  However, just about any application will do.   I will compile a list of all the responses I get and will be publishing a web page with this info (part of a larger research project I am doing).  I need software that will allow me to see how different applications react to different network/protocols conditions.  I would like to create a system that would allow any application to be tested in a controlled environment.

Any links to such software or already established network simulation projects would be greatly appreciated.

Wojtek Zlobicki