Re: Political Correctness Strikes a Blow for free speech....

  • From: Marc MERLIN
  • Date: Wed May 09 14:27:51 2001

On Mon, May 07, 2001 at 08:44:51PM -0400, Shawn McMahon wrote:
> On Mon, May 07, 2001 at 07:33:47PM -0400, Jason Lewis wrote:
> >
> > I got a bounced message from a mailing list I am on.  Chik-Fil-A apparently
> > thinks the word "damn" is inappropriate.
>
> Does this surprise you from an organization that's closed on Sundays?
>
> Not to flame religion or anything, but really, you should not be at all
> surprised by this.

I unsubscribe those  people on sight. If these people  can't handle messages
posted to  the list (or  use an Email of  an organization that  can't handle
it), they don't need to be on the list.

On a good day,  some sites still send bounces where  they're supposed to go,
the envelope  sender, so of  course, that's  the listmaster, which  means my
mailbox.
I'm not  going to deal with  an increasing number of  bounces from political
correct people.

If they want to  protect their fragile little eyes and  minds, they can junk
the mail, or at least not bounce mail from mailing lists.

Marc

Home page: http://marc.merlins.org/   |   Finger [email protected] for PGP key