Re: OT:Optical Splitters

  • From: Martin Hannigan
  • Date: Thu Apr 12 09:11:58 2001

As far as I know they aren't power, but they inject loss as a termination device.
It should be a "wiring" issue. Feel free to ping me offline if you need more
detail. The primary/protect is an equipment characteristic, not a splitter characteristic.
You do have to "watch out" for providers that "forget" to drop in the protect or
neglect to mention it, or charge more. It also depends where your gear is slung off
the network i.e. a spur or a lateral to the network.

-M