RE: I've just tried new.net's plugin. Don't.

  • From: Simon Higgs
  • Date: Wed Mar 14 23:40:20 2001

At 06:54 PM 3/14/01 -0800, you wrote:

> This is the exact scenario that I envision happening and have been
> complaining about. My operations and tech support staff will become bogged
> down in this mess, probably to the extent that I have to augment staff. Add
> in the phone bill and other overhead costs... Suddenly I'm paying out a LOT
> of money just so a bunch of VCs can make a money grab.

you get the pain, they get the pay. cool scam, eh?
So what practical steps does New.net need to take to reduce the load on the help desks? Going out of business, getting rid of the dumb plug-in, and using a proper root server network have already been suggested. What else would help minimize the load on the network help desks?

I'll be taking real world solutions that can be offered here to the New.Net CEO myself.

Don't bother to complain if you're not prepared to be part of the solution.

Thanks &

Best Regards,

Simon Higgs

--