RE: I've just tried new.net's plugin. Don't.

  • From: Timothy R. McKee
  • Date: Thu Mar 15 09:57:26 2001

The first and most obvious thing - that should be done NOW - is :

If a domain name doesn't resolve, DON'T REDIRECT IT!!!  At the very least
put up a page explaining this to the user and give them the OPTION of going
to the google page...  Don't make it automatic and seamless...  Don't even
let the user opt to make it automatic, they NEED to know that they
misspelled the name.

Tim