Re: Delicious Network for Sale

  • From: Alex Bligh
  • Date: Mon Feb 19 16:40:37 2001

> InterNAP has done the tier-0 marketing dance

So if I buy transit from players like Internap / Opnix & implement
a similar system, am I tier-1, tier--1, or the victim of meaningless
marketing hype?

I'm sure both companies have fabulous and wonderful technologies,
however in today's world of democratized terminology, seems to me
anyone can be any tier they want to be (man). 'Tier 1' is now
about as useful as the those restaurant menu descriptions which
helpfully describe the dish in question with an equally otiose
'delicious'.

--
Alex Bligh
Senior Technology Officer, Europe