Re: Labeling and naming

  • From: Kurt Erik Lindqvist
  • Date: Thu Jan 25 06:16:58 2001

Thanks to all ofyou that have replied both on the list and privatly.
However, most of the answers are around naming of routers and boxes. My
question was actully split into several parts :

1. Naming of boxes and interfaces (physically and in DNS, CNLS, etc)
2. Labeling of inhouse cabling
3. "Line id:s"

Most of the replies I got was concerning DNS and 1). I want to limit the
differences between the platforms, and I am naive enough to think that the
recent years of mergers of Telcos and ISP most have led to someone coming
to the same prolem and conclusion...:) If anyone have anymore ideas around
the other questions please mail me. I reaslise that this migh be more of a
question for DATACENTER than for NANOG.

Best regards,

- kurtis -