Re: BGP keepalive/holdtime at GigE exchange

  • From: Martin Taylor
  • Date: Fri Jan 12 03:28:59 2001

Lane,

    What about on Cisco's tweaking the global command "ip tcp synwait-time
X" so you don't have to wait so long for BGP to notice that the TCP session
no longer exists, there is probably a parallel command on Junos.  I haven't
tried it on BGP, but I would think that it would make BGP (and any other
protocol that relies on TCP sessions) much more sensitive.

marty

http://cco.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios121/121cgcr/ip_r

https://www.juniper.net/techpubs/software/junos42/swconfig-routing42/html/bg