Re: SSM vs MSDP (was: IP Multicasting)

  • From: BrandonButterworth
  • Date: Thu Jan 04 03:18:40 2001

> Without sap/sdr capabilities, SSM will never take off.

I don't see why, nice to have but not required for
it's likely market - replacing unicast streaming media

> Having all the web pages out there are nice extras, but do not
> replace the needed builtin tools.

For the users web works fine at the moment and some
content providors would prefer people to look at the pages
as well as the stream

Doesn't mean it wouldn't be nice to have it as well though
some portals would hope not or wish to own it.

brandon