Re: florida ix(en) facing south

  • From: Daniel L. Golding
  • Date: Mon Dec 25 00:14:18 2000

Leo,

Route leaks aside, there is currently a Technical Working Group forming
for  discussion of technical topics relating to the new NAP. A web page
will be up after the first of the year, but the mailing list is
operational now. An operations list, and a general admin list will
follow. To subscribe to the TWG list, email [email protected] with the
following in the body of the message:

subscribe nota-tech

BTW, Randy  - There is not any voting for membership that I've seen
yet. While there are membership meetings, the cookies are optional :)

I believe the hope is to combine the business acumen of the operator,
Terramark, with the benefits of a member run organization, NOTA. If folks
don't like things about it, they should get involved and change them. I
have been extremely impressed by everyone involved with this initiative so
far - there are no agendas, and it's not a closed,
"club" atmosphere. Everyone is given the opportunity to contribute.

I guess my hope at this point is that BellSouth will jump on the
bandwagon, and make their facility part of NOTA. I just hope everyone goes
into this with an open mind, and gives it a chance.

Thanks, and Happy Holidays!

- Daniel Golding