Re: 11/11/00 Internet Routing Problems

  • From: Randy Bush
  • Date: Mon Nov 13 15:02:31 2000

>   Why don't you fix your own backbone before you worry about other
> peoples networks?
>
>   Your wonderful engineering team has my site down to 50% of the world
> for the past 12 hours, for the third time in 90 days (twice now you've
> taken me down for over *24* hours).
>
>   What's even funnier, is that I'm also down to half of your own internal
> backbone.  Half your NOC staff can't even get to me.
>
>   You should develop some wonderful tools like the one you spammed nanog
> with, to establish some SLA towards your customers.
>
>   Peering don't mean shit if you can't pass packets to your data centers.

sorry to take so long to get back.  intermediate progress report.

  o your message did not give me a lot of actual data to go on.

  o looking up rinsaw, arpa.com, and shit in the noc only gave hits on
    the latter, and they seemed to not be relevant to your problem

  o turns out you have not been talking to the noc at all, but to customer
    service.  your ticket number is 945563

  o as far as i can tell, you seem to be collocated in a datacenter in
    ohio and the folk up there have been called to check

  o there seems to be no problem with bandwidth to the datacenter

  o there does seem to be a routing issue that is being chased.  it is not
    clear if it is particular to you alone or to others similarly collocated

i am trying to find more detail.  if you happen to have any actual technical
info, feel free to drop me a line.

thanks.

randy