Re: AADS NAP still down

  • From: Hank Nussbacher
  • Date: Mon Nov 06 19:50:04 2000

At 01:38 06/11/00 -0600, Jeff Bartig wrote:

I am also a bit suprised that there is no discussion on this. I also can't find any Ameritech page discussing this outage. A major NAP like this down for over 48 hours and not one word in the press (that I have found - I bet I will be proved wrong within 15 minutes :-))?

-Hank

Hello,

I'm kind of surprised no one has commented on this yet.  AADS/SBC
had scheduled an outage window from 12am-6am CST on 11/5 to upgrade
the switch software for the AADS NAP in Chicago.  They are still
down as of now, 11/6 1:30am CST.  It was up for a while between
10am-2pm.

The only update I was able to get from the AADS NOC as of a 1/2
hour ago is that the outage is related to the update and that
AADS staff are on a conference call with Lucent working on the
problem.  No ETA on a solution.

Jeff

--
Jeff Bartig                  |  University of Wisconsin - Madison
1210 W Dayton, Rm B263       |  Division of Information Technology