Full disclosure

  • From: John Fraizer
  • Date: Wed Aug 30 16:51:21 2000

Over the past couple of days, some person or group has been sending out
thousands of SPAMs through open relays using random @enterzone.net
addresses as the FROM address.

This is NOT happening through our mailservers, nor is it happening from
any VALID enterzone.net account.  Thus far, the following servers have
been identified as having been used to relay the SPAM:

dialupFF60.mpls.uswest.net (answers as mail.pmhadv.com on 25)

195.162.167.134

62.153.217.141

212.77.168.66

195.127.176.98

195.4.100.19

193.85.146.161

195.86.241.191

The list just keeps on growing.

Logs from those who run these mailservers would be appreciated.  We plan
on pursuing this legally.

We're not sure if this SPAM run is still underway but, I want to stress
the fact that this is NOT originating from our mailservers, nor from any
of our customers.  Feel free to run our mailservers through whichever
relay-tests you like to verify.  We do so weekly.

---
John Fraizer
EnterZone, Inc