Re: ARIN Policy on IP-based Web Hosting

  • From: Roland Dobbins
  • Date: Tue Aug 29 19:30:41 2000

It's a far-*left* policy - "We're ARIN, and we know how best everyone's
resources should be allocated."

A far-right policy would be "Here are these IPs you've requested; use
them as you will, but don't come whining back to us for more because you
underestimated your initial request."  This would be far preferable.

The SSL issue is a real one, and I don't know how to get around it.  One
would assume that this would qualify as an 'exception'; however, how are
they going to verify what you're using them for?  Are they going to nmap
your networks to see if you're really running SSL on the IPs you've
requested?

 Roland Dobbins <[email protected]> // 818.535.5024 voice