Re: Now the idiots at ORBS are probing random dial-ups

  • From: J.D. Falk
  • Date: Sat Aug 26 12:09:35 2000

On 08/25/00, Shawn McMahon <[email protected]> wrote:

> On Wed, Aug 23, 2000 at 05:40:34PM -0700, L. Sassaman wrote:
> >
> > server at all. Since there's rarely any legitimate reason for someone to
> > be sending mail from a mail server on a dialup line, this easily blocks a
> > large source of spam with little risk.
>
> Businesses all across the country are going online now with DSL.
>
> Many DSL providers use PPPoE, putting you smack in the middle of their dialup
> pool.
>
> So, your information was correct as recently as a year ago, but it's out of
> date now.

	I'd hope that the providers in question would have the courtesy,
	both to their customers and to everyone who uses the MAPS DUL,
	to contact [email protected] and advise the DUL team of their
	change in address assignment policy.

	http://mail-abuse.org/dul/removing.htm#removal_reorg

--
J.D. Falk                                             "Laughter is the sound
Product Manager                          that knowledge makes when it's born."