RE: lame delegations

  • From: Karyn Ulriksen
  • Date: Mon Aug 21 12:22:01 2000

> Unless I misunderstand what you mean, my version of BIND (8.2.2p3)
> doesn't do that.
>
> 	$ host -a 2.254.92.204.in-addr.arpa
> 	2.254.92.204.in-addr.arpa       PTR     most.weird.com
> 	2.254.92.204.in-addr.arpa       PTR     mail.weird.com

Interesting.  I actually haven't tried this since BIND 4.  It made sense
that it wouldn't so I assumed it shouldn't and further assumed that in BIND
8 that it didn't as well.  (Sorry about that last sentence!)  Anyways, I
think you catch up with me in your next paragraph here ...

So does the reverse resolve work correctly with the two PTR responses for
most resolvers?

Karyn