Alright, ORBS sucks - next topic, please ;) [was RE: RBL-type BGP service for known rogue networks?]

  • From: rdobbins
  • Date: Sat Jul 08 15:22:22 2000

I -do- have a postmaster account, and there's nothing broken on my mail
server.  I *don't run an open relay*.  I provide SMTP service to my clients
*in conformance with the relevant RFCs*, as well as reasonable and prudent
security practices.  I'm not a spam-house; I have internal mechanisms for
detecting such activity before it becomes a problem for others, in most
cases.  When something slips through the cracks, I jump on it immediately.

It's great that their 'service' helped you; however, some of us would prefer
to rely upon our own skills and experience to ensure that our systems are
properly set-up.  I no more want the ORBS people forging mail via my server
than I do the 'MAKE MONEY FAST' people, and their attitude belies a stunning
arrogance coupled with extreme shortsightedness, which isn't something any
of us should wish for in an organization whose stated aim is to improve the
user experience.

And that's enough of that.