Lurking lawyers

  • From: Sean Donelan
  • Date: Sat Jul 08 15:07:55 2000

On Thu, 06 July 2000, Steve Sobol wrote:
> However, unless there's something I don't know about you guys,
> there are no lawyers or judges amongst the readers of NANOG.

Actually, there are several lawyers lurking on NANOG.  The direct and
indirect readership of NANOG is rather diverse, extending far beyond
network operators.  I don't know if either of the inventors of the
Internet (Al Gore or Vint Cerf) get copies of any of the messages, but
lots of reporters, researchers, spies, hackers, law enforcement officers,
regulators, inspector generals, policy makers, lobbyists and wonks do.