Re: RBL-type BGP service for known rogue networks?

  • From: Peter van Dijk
  • Date: Sat Jul 08 14:34:17 2000

On Sat, Jul 08, 2000 at 11:02:30AM -0700, [email protected] wrote:

> ORBS forge headers (thereby violating the RFC) to look as if they're coming
> from domains you host, then if it goes through, they put you in their little
> black book for being an 'open relay'.  No notice, nothing.

They do send notices. Go to www.orbs.org for details.

[snip rant about unfairness]

[snip rant about ORBS not being reasonable]

> Where's the equity in that, I ask you?

Do you run open relays? If yes, and ORBS lists you, they are correct in
what they're doing. Of no, ORBS should not be listing you.

If you can say 'no' to 'Do you have open relays?' and 'yes' to 'Does ORBS
list you as having open relays?', then something is wrong. I doubt there
is.

Greetz, Peter.
--
[email protected] - Peter van Dijk [student:developer:ircoper]