Re: peering tools

  • From: Stephen Stuart
  • Date: Sun Apr 09 21:10:20 2000

> To make sure I understand your message, do you mean RPSL/IRR are not used by
> most of the providers?

Whether one uses RPSL/IRR or not ...

> Do they really have to configure manual line by line using CLI?

... does not necessarily have any bearing on how routers are
configured. I have tools that are capable of integrating policy
information from RADB (using peval; I don't use RtConfig) or from
private databases (updated privately with the peer who has requested
to share their policy that way) and turning that information into the
right vendor-specific statement of policy. The process of "uploading"
policy changes is also automatic. At no time are configuration
statements entered at a router's CLI prompt.

Stephen