Re: peering wars revisited? PSI vs Exodus

  • From: Fletcher E Kittredge
  • Date: Tue Apr 04 14:31:07 2000

On Mon, 03 Apr 2000 21:47:50 -0400  Paul Ferguson wrote:

> >surprised not to see this mentioned on NANOG
> >
> > >Sent:  Friday, March 31, 2000
> > >To:    Notify
> > >Subject:       Exodus Customer Confidential Communication
> > >

> Gordon,
>
> Does the word "confidential" elude you?
>
> - paul

Golly Paul, I would not have guessed you would have taken this
position.

If a tobacco company marks a collusion document "CONFIDENTIAL", should
the press not report it?

If a Waco report is market "Top Secret", should the press not report
it?

If Boeing has a flawed design, should the press not report it?

There is a fair amount of evidence that an unruly and discourteous
press is a profound good for society....

regards,
fletcher
P.S.  "Scandal-Monger", Safire, William, 2000