Re: Arlington and Fort Worth, Texas

  • From: Sean Donelan
  • Date: Thu Mar 30 17:53:38 2000

I don't speak for Telcordia, but I believe their position was somewhere
along the lines that a total ban was not needed.  Its like banning
all electrical wiring above the 3rd floor because fires have started
in electric wires.

Instead Bellcore offered an alternate proposal with rules how such battery
rooms should be constructed to mitigate the risks.

The nicest battery plant I've ever seen was at the Bellcore training facility
outside of Chicago.