viz interface to cflowd

  • From: k claffy
  • Date: Wed Mar 22 18:04:20 2000

there was mention on this list last week of cflowd
	http://www.caida.org/Tools/Cflowd/
not having much in way of viz API

here's another knight that's done some cool
graphics interface to cflowd
with tobi's RRDtool

fwiw (hey check out the napster binning:
	http://net.doit.wisc.edu/data/Napster/
)

     From: Dave Plonka ([email protected])
     Date: Tue Mar 21 2000 - 13:59:40 PST
     To: [email protected]
     Cc: [email protected], [email protected]
     Subject: Re: FlowScan-1.002 released

     On Wed, Mar 22, 2000 at 02:04:21PM -0800, k claffy wrote:

       I'm pleased to announce the release of FlowScan-1.002. FlowScan
       is a tool to monitor and graph flow information from Cisco
       routers in "near" real-time.

       I've pushed myself to release it now since I've just recently
       added passive measurement of Napster traffic. A sample of what
       FlowScan can do is at:

          http://wwwstats.net.wisc.edu

   Availability

       FlowScan is licensed under the GNU General Public License, and
       is available to you at:

          http://net.doit.wisc.edu/~plonka/FlowScan/

   Mailing Lists

       There are two mailing lists having to do with FlowScan:

       * flowscan
           a general mailing list for FlowScan users.

       * flowscan-announce
           a low-volume, restricted post mailing list to keep FlowScan
           users informed of news regarding FlowScan.

       Announcements will be "cross-posted" to both lists, so there's
       no need to join both.

       These lists are hosted by the Division of Information
       Technology's Network Engineering Technology group at the
       University of Wisconsin - Madison. To subscribe to either of
       them, send email to:

          [email protected]

       containing either:

          subscribe flowscan

       *or*:

          subscribe flowscan-announce

       You should receive an automatic response that will request that
       you verify your request to become a member of the list, to which
       you must reply with the authentication information there-in.
       Then, in response to your reply, you should receive a welcome
       message. If you have any questions about the administrative
       policies of this list's manager, please contact:

          [email protected]

       *or*:

          [email protected]

   Napster

       If you're interested in Napster specifically, note the graph
       labeled "Well Known Services Mb/s" here:

          http://wwwstats.net.wisc.edu

       or, directly, here:

          http://wwwstats.net.wisc.edu/CampusIO/services_Mbps.gif

       I have written a general document about the Napster portion of
       the measurement at:

          http://net.doit.wisc.edu/data/Napster/

   Thanks

       FlowScan-1.001, which was essentially the beta version, has been
       tested quietly by a number of volunteers since September of last
       year. I'd like to thank the beta testers for their efforts and
       feedback.

       Also, thanks to Daniel McRobb, Tobi Oetiker, and CAIDA for
       providing the main tools upon which FlowScan is built, namely
       "Cflowd" and "RRDTOOL".