Re: Odd problem on very old Cisco ios (OT)

  • From: I Am Not An Isp
  • Date: Mon Feb 21 05:24:15 2000

At 12:46 AM 2/21/00 -0500, [email protected] wrote:

>On Sun, 20 Feb 2000, Mr. James W. Laferriere wrote:
>
>> Silverdale#copy tftp flash
>> Copy aborted. Flash address space cannot be written to.
>
>2501's default to running from flash. If it let you blow away the flash
>while code was running from it, bad things would happen.

[SNIP - directions on booting from ROM]

Be sure your ROM supports the new IOS rev or it will not come back properly.

Also note, a 2501 booted from ROM does not have full functionality. For instance, most older ROMs did not support FR sub-interfaces. In fact, some older ROMs did not even support ip routing, so you had to use the "ip default-gateway" command or have a TFTP server on the same network. (The default-gateway command is ignored if ip routing is running.)

> Jon Lewis *[email protected]*| Spammers will be winnuked or

TTFN,
patrick

--
I Am Not An Isp - www.ianai.net