RE: Alternatives (was Re: whois broke again?)

  • From: Roeland M.J. Meyer
  • Date: Mon Feb 21 04:26:50 2000

We'll see.

> Some private messages have said that NSI claims the whois contact
> information is now their "property".

NSI does claim this, it is also arguable, since they inherited the seed from
SRI AND it was ALL done, to date, under government contract. However, that's
an issue for other forums and has been pounded to where the horse is only a
shadow of its former self.<grin> IOW, it's up to the courts now, if we can
file someone fool enough to press a law suit <GRIN>... in th proper venue
this time<sigh>.