GeekTools SuperWhois V3.0 is up...

  • From: Rodney Joffe
  • Date: Tue Feb 15 12:29:36 2000

Hello,

We've put the latest version (V3.0) of GeekTools SuperWhois up on
www.geektools.com. Currently, we've only replaced the web version so
that we can debug it easily (with your help) before releasing the *nix
source, and the Windows client.

Major changes:

You can over-ride the default server, and select a specific whois-server
to query.
It digs down as far as it can automatically. So, for example, with
Australian ip addresses, it will query the Telstra database if
appropriate.
You can add whois server specific parameters (like "host" at NSI).
We now dig down into rwhois servers if we know they exist. The only one
set up so far is the Exodus one. If you know of any additional
*functioning* rwhois servers, please send details to
[email protected]
We now query some web based cc-tld whois servers where no port 43
machine is available, and parse the data. We ignore those that are so
complicated that we can't be sure of the format.
Help screens are available.

As always, you're restricted to 50 queries a day per ip address, unless
you convince us of your need in a friendly email.

And finally, we're still open to suggestions for additional services to
query through the proxy.
--
Rodney Joffe
CenterGate Research Group, LLC.