Re: NANOG meeting subject of attack? Hmmmm....

  • From: Mike Bird
  • Date: Thu Feb 10 02:53:09 2000

FWIW, we've seen several failed exploits from APNIC addresses in the last two
months.  I generally ping flood them for a couple of minutes to encourage them
to go away.  The ping flood responses usually show modem level connectivity
although one appeared to have T1 bandwidth.

The FBI has never shown the slightest interest when we've told them of
compromised systems in the US or told them where rootkits are being stored on
public FTP servers in the US.  What are they going to do when the crackers are
working via systems in Korea or Japan?

 Mike Bird          Tel: 209-742-5000   FAX: 209-966-3117
 President          POP: 209-742-5156   PGR: 209-742-9979
 Iron Mtn Systems         http://member.yosemite.net/