Re: Yahoo! Lessons Learned

  • From: Daniel Senie
  • Date: Wed Feb 09 17:45:55 2000

Dan Hollis wrote:

> On Wed, 9 Feb 2000, Randy Bush wrote:
> > > When I asked a couple dialup wholesalers this question point blank last
> > > year, the answer was no - because their routers/term servers didn't have
> > > enough CPU to do filtering.
> > i am rather amused at folk who fear dialup systems being used as ddos
> > slaves.
>
> An ascend TNT makes a rather nice smurf amp

funny... there is a "Forward Directed Broadcast" option in the config.
Turning this off does seem to work. Of course that doesn't mean folks
HAVE turned it off... Such an option typically adds no extra overhead to
a router, as it's handled as part of the route lookup. Overhead isn't
the issue.

Daniel Senie                                        [email protected]
Amaranth Networks Inc.            http://www.amaranthnetworks.com