Re: Yahoo offline because of attack (was: Yahoo network outage)

  • From: John Payne
  • Date: Wed Feb 09 06:25:31 2000

On Wed, Feb 09, 2000 at 12:02:42PM +0100, [email protected] wrote:
> May I suggest that we all get off our collective butts and do
> something about these items?  Even by going so far as to proactively
> probe our customer networks and/or extracting info from the list
> available from the above site?

... and actively use the logs to contact peers when they're used as amplifiers
against you, rather than just filtering?

Does anyone have a CIDR to broadcast address script handy?
(the network address is part of the CIDR format :-)

--
John Payne                              [email protected]
OpenNet Infrastructure Team, AT&T Global Network Services