Re: Fw: Administrivia: ORBS

  • From: William Allen Simpson
  • Date: Fri Jan 14 00:25:46 2000

Randy Bush wrote:

> > Please let me just say that I believe your post has gone a long way
> > towards proving that your net.friends may not have been 100% right!
>
> if there was a market for nerd hysteria/hyperbole, there would be no need
> for internet ipos.

Uh, I don't understand this comment, Randy.  He was giving you a
compliment -- your lucid posting showed that your net.freinds were not
100% correct, when saying that "rational discussion of anti-spam seemed
socially impossible."

We _can_ have a rational discussion, it just doesn't seem to happen
very often.  :-)

Meanwhile, although I do not use ORBS for blocking, I do occaisionally
use it for testing.  Unfortunately, I used it for testing my site, and
it discovered that the (commercial) mailing software still supports
the old % hack, and now ORBS blocks the site.  I dunno why that is
considered "spam".  Anyway, the commercial folks didn't know it was
still in there, either, and it will be eradicated in the next release.

[email protected]