Re: how to waste fiber (was:OT:MarketSpeak)

  • From: Steve Meuse
  • Date: Wed Oct 13 18:14:59 1999

At 01:34 PM 10/13/1999 -0600, Danny McPherson wrote:

Of course, more interesting than presumably transparent trunk failures in
relation to SONET protection, are trib failures with inter-router APS on the
trib side.  This requires a bit more attention to detail (speaking from
experience).

-danny
not exactly related...

The approach that I am taking for critical links (Trans-Atlantic) is to not trust that the vendors are getting it right the first time. We are actually testing protection switching end-to-end, at every LTE. Yes, this is long and painful, but is the only way that I feel even remotely safe.