Re: geographical database of networks

  • From: Matt Hempel
  • Date: Thu Sep 23 15:05:25 1999

I'll read into that ...

My idea is that if you know the geographic source of a route, you can make
cold-potato routing decisions while still receiving full advertisements
from your peers at each peering point.  Every advertised route could be
matched against a ruleset which attaches preference to it based on
distance.

--matt