Re: geographical database of networks

  • From: Jack Crowder
  • Date: Thu Sep 23 14:39:37 1999

Two words:  IP Mobility.  I always thought it was more marketing than
content but that doesn't stop some applications from being developed to
use it.

My guess would be that you'd have more trouble getting people to agree on
how the 'carve' would happen than the implementation.  Then of course
there are the hackers who would love to mess with it.

To answer your question, all I ever heard about this was (the rumor of) a
draft RFC.  I couldn't find it though so wasn't able to confirm.  (That
was about 5 months ago).
Jack