Corrected Terms Re: Network Solutions loses domain data -- Follow-up

  • From: John M. Brown
  • Date: Thu Jul 15 11:06:03 1999

I just have to do this.  The confusion between "Root Zone File" and
TLD Zone Files has just got to stop.

1.  Root Zone is NOT .COM .ORG .NET .ETC  its   .   DOT
    It contains about 200 or so records plus glue.
    IT DOES NOT contain deligation info in the .COM, NET, ORG, ccTLD's

2.  The .COM Zone File is what was buggered up with this persons domain.
    The TLD Zones contain the information for each TLD.

It would do everyone GOOD to make sure that we use the CORRECT terms for
the correct parts of the net.

For example moving DOT (Root Zone) isn't the same as moving .COM (COM Zone)

jmbrown