Cisco Route filtering [was Re: OPS: BGP spew from ASN 7374]

  • From: R.P. Aditya
  • Date: Wed Apr 07 17:43:39 1999

This should probably be moved to cisco-nsp if it gets any more in-depth,
however:

> Cisco: could we please have more config memory, so we can load access-lists
> for even huge BGP peers?

Although you're probably asking for exactly what you say, config memory, it
might also be useful to use prefix-lists to filter routing announcements:

  http://www.academ.com/nanog/june1998/turner/sld014.htm

and the notes on bug CSCdk93005 seem to indicate that prefix-lists do make a
difference and should be used over access-lists for filtering routes...

Hope that helps,
Adi