Re: 'nic whois warning

  • From: bmanning
  • Date: Tue Jan 05 20:12:20 1999

> At 10:04 PM 1/4/1999 -0800, [email protected] wrote:
> >
> >24.in-addr.arpa has never been delegated.
>
> What do you mean? Address space has been assigned by ARIN:

	There is no 24.in-addr.arpa zone.  There are specific delegations
	underneith it.

	There are no nameservers for this zone, as demonstrated by your
	nslookup query.

	Also, ARIN records the registrations made by the IANA. This was
	the process as of four months ago, which was up to the point
	that Jon left us.  Josh has told me that the IANA still approves
	every 24.in-addr.arpa delegation since this is the range for
	cable deployment and cable is not reserved for the ARIN service
	area.  (yes cable does exist in Europe and Asia !)

--bill