Re: Please be nice... (Was Re: Exodus?)

  • From: J.D. Falk
  • Date: Tue Jan 05 20:12:20 1999

On 01/04/99, Ehud Gavron <[email protected]> wrote:

> Invariably, as a list becomes useful, Newbies get on, don't KNOW about
> an AUP, don't CARE about an AUP, ask stupid questions, and get beat down.

	This isn't even an AUP issue.  It's all about RFC 1855 and a
	bit of confusion regarding the purpose of the list.

	Hint: anybody who can't find an RFC by number should probably
	start with a less technical list than NANOG.  But, I'll be
	nice and give you a URL:

		http://www.cybernothing.org/cno/docs/rfc1855.html

	I've been handing out that URL a lot this year, and we're not
	even a full week into it yet.  It's saddening.

--
J.D. Falk <[email protected]>                 RIP tezcat.net, 1994-1999, another
Special Agent In Charge (Abuse Issues)     small ISP driven out of business