Re: Network Solutions on TV

  • From: Dean Robb
  • Date: Mon Nov 16 22:59:43 1998

At 18:46 11/16/98 -0800, you wrote:
>On Mon, 16 Nov 1998, Dean Robb wrote:
>
>> >Such seperation is mandated by the latest Amendment to the Cooperative
>> >Agreement between the U.S. Government and NSI. However it doesn't have to
>> >occur for several months still.
>>
>> I'm afraid I can't find that provision in any amendment to the Cooperative
>> Agreement as posted at http://rs.internic.net/nsf/agreement/.
>
>From: http://rs.internic.net/nsf/agreement/amendment11.html
>
>Separation of Registry/Registrar Services:
>
>Following the Phase 1 deployment of the Shared Registration System, NSI
>shall make a certification to the USG every six months designed to
>demonstrate by means of objective criteria, which shall be
>agreed upon between USG and NSI, that NSI is providing all licensed
>Accredited Registrars with equal access to its registry
>services. NSI also will by February 1, 1999, employ appropriate
>safeguards, approved by the USG, to ensure that revenues and assets of the
>registry are not utilized to financially advantage NSI's registrar
>activities to the detriment of other registrars.

I read this as a requirement that NSI not lock any alternative registrars
out, nor can they use the registry (or it's database) for unfair advantage.

I don't see how this equates to a requirement that WorldNIC, InterNIC and
NSI data flow through different pipes...which was the point made by the
original poster.

Spammers should be investigated by Ken Starr!

Dean Robb
PC-EASY computer services
(757) 495-EASY [3279]