Re: Hold on to your news servers

  • From: Steven J. Sobol
  • Date: Sun Nov 15 01:47:03 1998

On Sat, Nov 14, 1998 at 10:58:16PM -0600, Karl Denninger wrote:

> Second, precisely how are you going to figure out where the clean-news system
> is getting its feeds from, given that it does not emit any messages that it
> receives, and thus, you have no means to trace those feeds?

Wait. Are you just talking about issuing cancels *locally* on *your* news
server? If so, I doubt that any of us have anything at all to complain about.

If not, then, as we know, the typical way to issue a cancel is to send out
a control message. Am I missing something here?

--
Steve Sobol [[email protected]]
Part-time Support Droid [[email protected]]

Spotted on a bumper sticker: "Possum. The other white meat."