Re: Hold on to your news servers

  • From: Karl Denninger
  • Date: Sun Nov 15 10:31:24 1998

On Sun, Nov 15, 1998 at 01:29:41AM -0500, Steven J. Sobol wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 14, 1998 at 10:58:16PM -0600, Karl Denninger wrote:
>

> > Second, precisely how are you going to figure out where the clean-news system
> > is getting its feeds from, given that it does not emit any messages that it
> > receives, and thus, you have no means to trace those feeds?
>
> Wait. Are you just talking about issuing cancels *locally* on *your* news
> server? If so, I doubt that any of us have anything at all to complain about.
>
> If not, then, as we know, the typical way to issue a cancel is to send out
> a control message. Am I missing something here?

Yes.

The only messages this server will emit will be cancels, and it will emit
them only to those who DELIBERATELY peer with it.

Karl Denninger ([email protected]) http://www.mcs.net/~karl
I ain't even *authorized* to speak for anyone other than myself, so give
up now on trying to associate my words with any particular organization.