Re: WorldNIC

  • From: Roeland M.J. Meyer
  • Date: Fri Jun 12 01:46:53 1998

At 12:59 AM 6/12/98 -0400, Dean Robb wrote:
>At 11:31 6/12/98 +0900, you wrote:
>>On Thu, 11 Jun 1998, Dean Robb wrote:
>>
>>> Let's remember for a moment that not all net.users are net.savvy.  I think
>>> the TLDs SHOULD have a logical category structure.  If I'm trying to find
>>> an educational institution, I'd expect to find it in the .edu TLD, a
>>> commercial organization in .com, etc.  As I recall, that's the entire
>>> purpose in naming the TLDs as they are.
>>
>>Let's remember that not all net.users and net.resources are located in
>>north.america. And that not all net.names are registered with the
>>same.nic. I think its time you opened your eyes a.bit.
>
>Eyes open just fine.  Even here, there's no reason one cannot register as a
>.us domain.  However, the question arises...what has your comment got to do
>with the correct use of TLDs?

Hey Dean,

How're things on SPAM-L?

WRT, DOMAINS, I suggest that you join DOMAIN-POLICY. We've been hashing
this stuff out for months already. Already been to, and left, where you're
just getting to, here.

Roeland M.J. Meyer, ISOC (InterNIC RM993)
e-mail: <mailto:[email protected]>[email protected]
Internet phone: hawk.mhsc.com
Personal web pages: <http://www.mhsc.com/~rmeyer>www.mhsc.com/~rmeyer
Company web-site: <http://www.mhsc.com/>www.mhsc.com/
SecureMail from MHSC.NET is coming soon!