Re: WorldNIC

  • From: Dean Robb
  • Date: Fri Jun 12 01:08:20 1998

At 11:31 6/12/98 +0900, you wrote:
>On Thu, 11 Jun 1998, Dean Robb wrote:
>
>> Let's remember for a moment that not all net.users are net.savvy.  I think
>> the TLDs SHOULD have a logical category structure.  If I'm trying to find
>> an educational institution, I'd expect to find it in the .edu TLD, a
>> commercial organization in .com, etc.  As I recall, that's the entire
>> purpose in naming the TLDs as they are.
>
>Let's remember that not all net.users and net.resources are located in
>north.america. And that not all net.names are registered with the
>same.nic. I think its time you opened your eyes a.bit.

Eyes open just fine.  Even here, there's no reason one cannot register as a
.us domain.  However, the question arises...what has your comment got to do
with the correct use of TLDs?

What do spammers and nails have in common?  They're both intended for
hammering.

Dean Robb
PC-Easy
On-site computer services