Re: More smurf fun

  • From: Ing. Alejandro Perea Mejia
  • Date: Wed Mar 11 16:51:27 1998

Hi all,

> > >Here's the latest group of smurf-able networks.  Note some cool,
> > >high-connectivity networks are on here, like Bay Networks.
> > >At least one was still active on mae-west, if you can believe it.
> >
> > [ ... ]
> >
> > Is there any good reason I shouldn't ask my upstream network providers to
> > filter all packets coming in to our network with one of these source
> > addresses?  And is there any good reason this wouldn't very effectively
> > prevent us from being a Smurf target?
>
> Cuz some of them may have been fixed by now.

I'm agree, one of that networks -at least- is now protected [132.248.0.0] so
you don't need to filter packets coming from the nets on the list.

Greetings,
 Ing. Alejandro Perea M          Email:  [email protected]
Network Operation Center	  http://www.noc.unam.mx
    R e d  U N A M                NOC-mail : [email protected]
Tel: (+52 5) 622 85 09		  Fax: (+52 5) 622 85 71