Re: Architectural Solutions to Internet Congestion Based On SS7 and Intelligent Network Capabilities

  • From: Tony Li
  • Date: Thu Nov 06 03:13:51 1997

> The operative concept in this paper is 'telephone networks'.
>
>  "Architectural Solutions to Internet Congestion Based On
>  SS7 and Intelligent Network Capabilities"

I particularly liked the myopic use of the term "Internet Congestion".
And here I thought that they had a solution for MAE-East....  ;-)

I think the paper would have been more accurately titled: "Kludges to get
around modems that don't say goodbye." or "We never should have introduced
flat rate local dialing. What now?"  ;-) ;-)

Tony