PSI woes

  • From: Dave Rand
  • Date: Wed Jun 25 10:27:22 1997

Is anyone else having routing problems with PSI?

On the left coast, we peer with PSI.  We buy transit from MCI.  PSI
recently (about a month ago) installed a broken localpref to prefer
their private MCI connection.  It doesn't matter what we advertise
to MCI (double-hop, origin incomplete), PSI still uses their private
MCI peering - which of course is full during the day, so PSI
customers get packet loss.

Naturally, the problem does not exist on the right coast :-)

I've called the NOC about 20 times now, trying to get it resolved.
I've been promised, multiple times, that it would be fixed, only
to get told today that "it's a policy issue".  What? :-(

Anyone else having trouble?

--
Dave Rand
[email protected]