Re: PSI woes

  • From: Deepak Jain
  • Date: Wed Jun 25 10:38:16 1997

Not that I havee actually seen this problem because we don't buy transit
from MCI, but...

You may want to try adding a few additional copies of your AS to your MCI
advertisement "prepend as 65536 65536 65536" where 65536 is actually your
AS. It largely depends on _how_ PSI is implementing their policy. It
could just be that all routes learned from their West Coast router (i.e.
a Border Router) are given a lower priority than private connect routers.

I guess a PSI person would be much better at answering with specifics. I
know I have seen customers get traffic flows to jump through the most
insane paths just be adding god awful AS lengths to their announcements.

Hope it helps,

-Deepak.