What do you use interdomain routing for?

  • From: Neal Castagnoli
  • Date: Thu Sep 07 18:57:26 1995

HI,

We are looking at requirements for interdomain routing, and are
interested to know what you use it for.  For instance, do you use
interdomain routing to select transit carriers for some traffic in
preference to other carriers.

Are there policies that you would like to be able to implement that you are
unable to because of limitations in the available protocols?  How much
would you be willing to slow down your forwarding rates in order to
have the capability?

Please send me your answers and I'll summarize.

  --Neal