Re: Comments

  • From: Gordon Cook
  • Date: Wed Sep 07 10:56:23 1994

Would you clarify this please Steve.  I thought peering had a $ price tag
attached to it.  But NSF surely can't say that MCI must peer with COOKnet
because MCI might say they want $2000 a month to do so and I might say I
can nott afford such an "outrageous" price.  Are you saying that MCI or
XYZ must peer with everyone where peer is defined as accepting traffic
for R&E destinations at no cost?

To say that peering MUST take place and then leaving the cost of such
peering to be negotiated seems of dubious workability.Gordon Cook, Editor
Publisher:
COOK Report on Internet -> NREN 431 Greenway Ave, Ewing, NJ  08618 USA
NEW E-mail: [email protected]
Subscriptions: $500 corporate site license; $175 edu.,non-profit & small corp.
$85 Individual