Re: Level 3 issues

  • From: Kevin Loch
  • Date: Sun Dec 28 14:24:08 2008

marco wrote:

From what I heard, it was some some malfunction with a router in
Washington D.C. which terminated a 100GB bundle from Paris. It was
carring about 50GB at the time of the failure.

Not sure why routes within the US would be effected.

We connect to level3 in Ashburn/DC and saw traffic drop 50% in both directions on that port. Testing showed 100% loss on 50% of the flows. We shut that port down and now it won't come back up. I have link but no arp for their IP. This is a new link that was turned up in the past few weeks.

- Kevin