Re: IPv6: IS-IS or OSPFv3

  • From: Mikael Abrahamsson
  • Date: Sat Dec 27 06:23:10 2008

On Fri, 26 Dec 2008, devang patel wrote:

I do have some confusion about which one is better for IPv6 in Service
Provider networks as far as IP routing and MPLS application is concern!

Both work and have advantages and disadvantages.

Personally, I like the fact that IPv4 and IPv6 control plane are different, thus I'd go for OSPv3. ISIS-MT means you have to know that all your ISIS speakers will handle the MT packets gracefully. I know products from large vendors in the market which do not (IPv6 not enabled, it receives IPv6 MT packets, affects IPv4 ISIS control plane badly).

--
Mikael Abrahamsson    email: [email protected]